Friday, December 9, 2011

Runs Planned For Next Year

We've been blessed with wonderful running weather this fall - all my races, the Rockville 10K, Run Under the Lights and the Turkey Burn off were rain free!  Continuing to have so much fun with my running buddies and looking forward to next year.  We've all made the leap and registered for the Winter Half Marathon Program (starts next month), registered for the Frederick Half Marathon in May and the Cherry Blossom lottery for the 10 mile run in April.  

Bad thing is, I've been dealing with anemia which has really slowed my running down and now have been struggling with the flu this past week.  I haven't run all week and have plans to run a Jingle Bell Jog run on Sunday morning, an 8K.  I'm pretty worried, I hope I can make it.  Not running at all this week has really been a bummer.

I may just give it a try anyway, and treat it like a long slow run.  

Saturday, whether I'm feeling it or not,  I need to attend my youngest son's swim meet.  So standing (I'm signed up as a swim timer) for two + hours in a 90 degree, 100 percent humidity facility may help me shed a pound or two but probably won't do much to help me get over this virus.  Then - when I get home, I have to decorate my house for Christmas.  Last weekend I was busy every minute working on the football team's senior gifts.  So decorating outside got pushed to this weekend.  I'm not sure if we'll go to the Christmas tree farm this weekend or next.  But still should have plenty of time to get things ready in time for the holidays.

Some photos from my recent runs with the girls:
 Pre Race Photo - 5 Mile Turkey Burn Off
(I'm 2nd from the left)
 10K Celebration Dinner
(Back Left - the one with all the grey hair!)

Pre-Photo 10K
(Second from the left)

No comments:

Post a Comment