Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cherry Blossom Update

Yesterday I had wonderful news when I logged on to my e-mail - I was billed for my lottery registration for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler in April!  I got in and so did my best running buddies.  Yea.  I didn't think I would get in since several of my long time running buddies said that they had not gotten in in past years.  I was really surprised which made for a good Monday.  It was even better news when I found out my friends also got in too.

I did run on Sunday - and was just glad I finished.  It was a small race so when they are small, under 400, I don't do to well.  Plus - I still had the remnants of the cold / flu or whatever virus I had last week.  The course was very hilly but the good news was:  I finished, I didn't finish last (almost though), and I ran an 8K.  Actually - my time wasn't that bad considering. I think all the experienced runners run this so being a newbie, I was fine with my time.  I hope this year, with longer runs, my times will improve. I've only been running since March or so.

On Saturday, I watched what was left of an Ironman event on TV.  I caught the tail end.  Watching these folks inspired me so much - I think I'm going to watch one of these every time I go out for a race.  One woman was diagnosed with cancer and didn't let it stop her.  Lot's of older men, like in their 70's - just did an event that took over 20 hours.  I thought to myself, I'm not going to let a little cold stop me.  Not after watching these wonderful athletes, cold or no cold, I was going to give it a try.  Toward the end of my run, I kept thinking of these athletes and what they accomplished and it kept me going. They inspired me and will continue to. 


PS - I wore my "new" One More Mile fleece pants on Sunday.  I purchased them this summer and it hadn't been cold enough to wear them until then.  Very nice - just love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment