Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Another Heart Rate Monitor - Should I?

Well I need some advice regarding heart rate monitors.  My running buddies all have Garmins but they all say it is very difficult to use.  My best running buddy is even a techy with a master degree in computer science, and she said it is very complicated.  I think they have this model:

I myself, am addicted to the Nike GPS app on my IPhone.  However, it doesn't have a heart rate monitor.  So I picked up one from Costco, a New Balance, a very basic one.  It works good, was easy for me to set up so while I run, my Nike app is mapping my route, keeping track of my pace, miles and time, and my New Balance $39.00 watch is keeping track of my heart rate.  However, I would love to have it all in one place while still using my Nike GPS.  Question - does Nike offer that accessory for my IPhone?  If anyone knows, please let me know.
     In the meantime, I have been considering buying a Garmin.  Not the deluxe one shown above, but this one:



Because, it says, it's easy to use right out of the box.  I could use it while using my Nike App.  What do you think?  Should I splurge and spend the $200 bucks for this model and ditch my NB watch?  I want to integrate all my feedback from my runs.  Does it cost money to upload your feedback to Garmin?  
     If anyone has any feedback - I would love to hear what your thoughts are regarding the Garmin.  I also have the Digit Fit system - but I use that on my Spinning bike.  I'm really stuck on the Nike Running app and love to see how my miles add up each month, week, day, etc. 
      Help!  Please - any thoughts on this stuff?  Take care - and have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment